DBA – MS SQL
Top Financial Services company in Cape Town lookingto appoint a Senior DBA. The team is relatively small and there are a lot of opportunities for an individual to add significant value to both the team and the company by contributing ideas, identifying opportunities, suggesting solutions and sharing expert knowledge within the team and with their clients.
They run a combination of SQL 2012 and SQL 2014 instances on Windows 2008R2 and Windows 2012. Hosts are both physical and VMs (VMWare) and they are in the process of implementing Delphix, a database virtualisation solution. We also make use of database Replication. Our underlying storage solution is NetApp.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience with MS SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of SQL 2012, SQL 2014, clustering, log shipping, database mirroring and replication
- Working knowledge of Delphix advantageous
- Experience of configuring and managing SQL Server on VMWare platform
- SQL performance optimisation