Leading Asset Manager / Investment House looking to appoint a Risk Officer within their Cape Town office.
Looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, who is very organized, confident, proactive and pragmatic. If you are enjoy juggling responsibilities and working under pressure to deliver on time, this role would suit you. Internal audit and risk related qualifications (CA) and 5 years of related experience at an asset manager/ financial services provider will count in your favour.
• Conduct risk assessments at strategic and operational levels, in close consultation with senior and executive management
• Work closely with the Risk Assurance Manager to ensure continuous alignment between identified risks and the group operational assurance programme
• Conduct annual risk-based stockbroker / third party service provider due diligence
• Manage delivery of the annual Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA)
• Perform incident monitoring and ensure adequate risk mitigation
• Submit risk reports to the Executive Committee and Audit & Risk Committee
• Manage the company’s insurance cover requirements, including the annual insurance renewal process
• Assist with the compilation of the annual integrated report, in terms of King IV requirements and the International Integrated Reporting Framework
• Perform various risk related tasks on a once-off or periodic basis
Strong knowledge of:
• Processes/ risks within the asset management/ financial services industry.
• ERM Framework standards and methodologies eg: COSO/COBIT
Qualifications in Internal audit; Risk Management; CA and any other relevant